This is the time of year when people who’ve made a resolution to lose weight or get fit start to lose their motivation and give up.
Staying motivated all of the time is frankly impossible and the key to long term success is fighting through those times when you just aren’t “feeling it”.
Gone are the days when losing weight was the most backbreaking task of all. Now it’s more about avoiding all the distractions (Netflix, Fast Food etc) and negative vibes that surround us in our day to day lives so that we can keep moving forward.
For a victorious long term weight loss plan, you need to try and keep the motivation up by focusing not on the result but instead on making some healthy changes in your life.
Following new trends can be hard at first, but soon you will get fond of these orderly habits. Give yourself some time to adapt and slowly take a step forward and follow these productive routine practices step by step:
1. Keep your mind positive;
2 Once you've decided to move forward towards a productive lifestyle, you need to disregard your sedentary lifestyle;
3. Find a diet plan that suits your daily life routine and is easy-to-follow so you won't face trouble maintaining it for longer time intervals. Our Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Weight loss program is designed to help you fix your eating and lose weight through behavioral changes not going on a crash/fad diet.
4.Take baby steps. Set small goals at first; once you start moving towards your desired routine, nothing can stop you from achieving your goals!;
5. Unfollow those skinny Instagram models that mislead you and make you feel any inferior;
6. Make a food journal. Try out all the delicious and healthy recipes you always wanted to cook, eat, and note it down to for future use;
7. Don't weigh yourself daily. If you feel healthy and fit, then the weight scale can say whatever it likes. Sometimes, you may be losing fat but gaining muscle simultaneously, which can keep the numbers on the scale persistent;
8. Wear a skinny dress and photograph your progress monthly. That way, you can keep an eye on your development without getting demotivated;
9. Get a dog. Take him with you whenever you're off to walk or jog. He will make you run and sweat more. Besides, who's a more loyal friend than a dog? Huh?;
10. Talk to an expert trainer and ask for advice according to your current body progress levels;
11. Stop comparing your body with other people. You might be more healthy on the inside than them. Don't forget! Slow and steady wins the race;
12. Celebrate Your Success with your most trusted circle of friends and family;
13. Reward yourself with a special treat (just 1 though) after a tough week of heavy workouts and an intense diet;
14. Connect with people who support and encourage you in your lowest times;
15. Identify your trigger points of stress eating and work on them so that you won't come to overindulging.
If you find yourself struggling try implementing a few of these tips and see if they get you over the hump.
Remember... No one ever succeeded at anything by giving up and quitting!