Most people believe that joining a gym or working with a personal trainer is the only way to achieve any fitness goals.
While these statements hold some truth to them since training with professionals and having the proper equipment help you reach your goals faster, you can still make incredible progress without spending hundreds of dollars every month.
Here are 5 tips to achieve fitness goals and improve your health & well-being
Making sure that you’re having fun while working on your body is extremely important to reduce the chances of quitting.
Therefore, try to choose a physical activity that you enjoy performing regardless of how intense it is.
For instance, if you enjoy taking walks outside, you can opt for this to condition your cardiovascular system as long as you do it frequently.
Music is the key!
Several studies found that listening to music while exercising or doing chores makes everything much easier. It doesn't even have to be fast paced music! Many people enjoy working out to classical music for example.
You can take this one step further and dance to music to get your workout in!
Organize group sports activities
Exercising alone requires tons of motivation and determination to keep you going, which are traits that not all people share.
To make this process easier, try to organize sports games with your friends, such as football, soccer, or basketball. Or join a local pickleball or volleyball team.
Get a rope!
Jumping rope is one of the best exercises to burn calories and lose those extra pounds and it has the added benefit of making you feel like a kid again!
This is one of the cheapest investments you can make in the fitness field.
Researchers found that people who exercise in open fields or parks are more likely to stick to their fitness plans since it is much more fun to perform.
I've even had people come up to me and ask if they could join in when I've done yoga or a workout at the beach or park!
Finally, here are some helpful tips to help you start working out:
● The most important concept when it comes to fitness is consistency and not intensity. Working out regularly is more important than an irregular intense exercise;
● Try to be active during the day for at least 30 minutes;
● Choose a proper outfit that’s dedicated to working out;
● Invite your friends to workout with you if there is space in your house/yard;
● Mix things up by incorporating cardiovascular and resistance training programs to reach optimal health;
● Ask the help of your doctor before starting a new exercise routine to avoid any unnecessary complications.
If you've struggled to stay on track with getting exercise try incorporating some or all of these tips. You'll find you don't think of it as exercise and often you'll end up doing more than you would have if you'd gone to the gym!